We have all been reading the bombarding of “news” reports since Michael Jackson died. Each infotainment site (TMZ and Perez Hilton) with online papers and newspapers and television all wanting those advertising dollars and so the sensational stories continue and the spin gets larger. Let’s take a look at where we are today.
1. Someone has Michael Jackson prosthetic nose? That is the creepiest one I have read.
2. Michael Jackson has still not been buried. That is very reminiscent of James Brown hanging in limbo while family members fight it out.
3. We have doctors under investigation and charges soon to follow. This time led by the L. A. P. D. and the L. A. D. A., wonder who told feel good AG Jerry Brown to stay home and OFF of news conferences, whoever did ~~ good job!
4. Rumors of custody disputes between Debbie Rowe, Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson’s oldest sister Rebbie are detailed in every media you read.
5. We have now seen the leaked video of how badly Jackson was burned in the Pepsi commercial, some say that was the beginning of his drug use and plastic surgery. So many plastic surgeries that many people said generated the impression that Jackson was just a freak in the latter years of his life.
6. Jackson’s children wore masks when out with him another nutso thing for him to do, Wacko Jacko. Was he wacko or protecting his children’s identities from the paparazzi always following him; always trying to get that picture that would sell and show an ever more eccentric Jackson as his youth passed him by?
7. There is a lot of money at stake in Michael Jackson’s Estate and with that comes even more lawsuits around the corner. Thank goodness there is a no contest clause in the trust fund papers it is said by Katherine Jackson’s lawyers. How do we know this? The infotainment business says we know this because Katherine Jackson’s lawyers asked the court if there was any “loophole” where she could contest the Will’s executors and not lose her cut of the action.
8. The paramedics allegedly said Jackson was dead when they got to the house but Dr. Conrad Murray made them take Jackson to the hospital. Rumors are flying it was so the doctor could hide things, but later he told police exactly where to find the closet of drugs. Just another example of the spin and stories circulating on the days there is no “real” news on Jackson.
9. A tormented soul Michael Jackson appears to have been one that openly talked about the abuse of his father as a child. However we read that as an adult Jackson, no matter what disarray his own life might be even including tabloid turmoil he always financially supported his mother. Think about that and how many of us had even knew about that until the AP article this past week saying the executors are filing for an allowance for Jackson’s mother as well as his children to began being paid for by the Estate.
10. Then there is the question of who are the children’s “biological” dad and mom? Easy to answer, Michael Jackson was their daddy and that is all that matters at the end of the day. He wanted to protect his children in life, let’s hope they are protected after his death.
So many questions to feed so much frenzy, I predict Anna Nicole Smith and those in her life will begin to fade from the public view and scrutiny as Jackson’s death, and wealth will take center stage any day now. It is already consuming the infotainment “news” in our new 24/7 thirst for more dirt thus equaling those much needed advertising dollars.
I have a few suggestions. Look at these pictures of Never Land and the wondrous things that Michael Jackson owned. When Never Land was being foreclosed on for taxes, Jackson made a brilliant move where a billionaire saved Never Land but Jackson kept his name on the deed as part owner. Jackson is quoted many times as saying he hated Never Land and would never return but also holding he fought to continued to hold onto his sanctuary turned hell on earth. The magnificent things that once graced the rooms and grounds of Never Land were to be auctioned off and Jackson stepped in legally, just this past March 2009, and prevented that, the boy who bought Never Land could never quite let it or the magnificence he created there go.
So here are my suggestions:
I say let the billionaire fight with the other land owners in Santa Barbara County California about how to have both, their privacy and Michael Jackson there forever. Never Land in the end should be the final resting place of the King of Pop and his wondrous things. Many of his, often over the top possessions, are now on display in Beverly Hills, both he and they should be returned to Never Land. Michael Jackson should be buried there. It takes Santa Barbara County just designating Never Land a “museum” and that waives any objections to burying the “King of Pop” on the sanctuary he so craved in life, let him have it in death. It feels like after making his life hell in 2003 with allegations that followed him to the end of his life, it is a small penance for the wealthy county to give in a tad and make it happen.
Let the boy who grew up, many say, to hate himself find the peace that Never Land will give him, and remember he always held on to his Never Land and it’s furnishings so did he really hate Never Land or just the people who violated his sanctuary?
Tell Joe Jackson to take a hike back to Las Vegas and leave Jackson’s 79 year old mother and his children alone, take a hike Joe! Maybe we won’t have to see the self serving always promoting father of Jackson; the man, I think, who was the bases of the boy who grew up to hate himself the man, Michael Jackson.
Remember that Jackson bought Never Land when he was twenty-nine, a success bigger then anyone of his generation and probably generations to come. He only left Never Land in 2005, discouraged and mad at the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s department that crashed into his sanctuary. Many who have followed Michael Jackson in life say this happened only because he was eccentric and a boy who wanted to go back and redo a childhood stolen. He provided a place for countless children, and how many of those countless children told those horrid tales?
Give Never Land back to the King of Pop and his fans. Take his belongings from the Beverly Hills auction house and return them to the grand museum Never Land can be. Perhaps if they want, Never Land can provide Michael Jackson’s children a true sanctuary and a place to feel close to their daddy. After all is said and done, he was their daddy and they loved him. They grew up at Never Land and Michael Jackson wrote many a song there, has anyone asked his children what they think their daddy would have wanted?
Let’s remember the genius who wrote the music, inspired a generation of dancers with his graceful and sometimes new and never seen before moves. I was even impressed and remember his famous Moon Walk and from there on his toes like a ballerina. In his day and even now there was no one like Jackson the boy who was a man at twelve and eccentric and discouraged with a world who many say never accepted him way before he turned 50.
Let’s celebrate the life of the man who gave so much to others, when he was burned in that Pepsi commercial he built a burn unit for children when he recovered. At the age of 24 he knew great pain and perhaps that was the place where Jackson began to hate himself, the need for the ever changing look and more surgeries, more allegations, more accusations because he was “different”.
Perhaps he committed none of the sins that were lashed out at him, perhaps his only sin in society’s eyes was that he was “different”. In our society, if you are different you are either eccentric, or nuts, depending on your wealth but perhaps Jackson was eccentric and brilliant.
Jackson was a very complex man we learn now. One who was great at business investments, but horrible with personal finances. He hated his dad but loved his mom and tried to share his life’s achievements with her and she did love him. He was eccentric and a genius. Private but loved his fans. Craved his sanctuary but opened it up to children to make sure they had the childhood he never had. In the end he was just “daddy” to his children and they loved him.
Michael Jackson I think as we see this all unfold, is going to be a man always living with extremes. Which brings up my question about wealth and extremes in many talented people of the land we call Hollyweird. Do they prosecute every employee that ever picked up drugs at the pharmacy for Jackson? Do they go after the doctors? How much is Jackson responsible? Was he afraid he would not be successful or even healthy enough to do a come back tour?
This was a complex man of great talent, generosity and intrigue, and all of it is going to play out in the media and the courts for years to come. Many of us thought there would not be another infotainment frenzy story for those ad dollars for a long time after the Anna Nicole Smith ongoing court battles, go figure. This one is bigger, more complex, lots of excesses, money, fame and yet fear of this lost eccentric genius named Michael Jackson.
Yep buckle up and let’s get Never Land declared a museum; get his things back from the auction house; MY God to want to auction his MTV music awards? Has anyone asked his children how they feel about Never Land? It was their home for many years and as you look through the forty three pictures I did yesterday, tell me if you don’t see a young good looking Michael Jackson in a lot of them.
With generosity seems to come demons always with a mixture of those who will get close and betray you, or get close and give you anything you want. Even the state of California knew Jackson had problems with prescription drugs at least by 2003 and forward. Is Feel Good AG Jerry Brown an enabler because he did not use his “post” to investigate some “real” enablers and doctor feel goods, or is he not? My prediction this is going to kill any hope feel good Jerry Brown has for any bid for a run for the governorship but then I have been wrong before. By the way has anyone asked him why the generation who came of age in the 60’s and 70’s nicknamed him, Governor Feel Good Jerry Brown? That is a question left for another day and one we will ask or relate for days, weeks, months to come.
July 27, 2009
All Rights Reserved, do not reproduce in whole or in part without the express written consent of the author.
The expressions in this blog article are based on the opinions of Rose Turner or our featured authors, please remember we are not lawyers and those opinions expressed here are each of our individual opinions and should not be taken as legal advice and/or legal opinions. The comments following this blog article are the opinions and sole property of the blog site members and do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners.AG Jerry Brown, Anna Nicole Smith, Celebrity Trials, Debbie Rowe, Dr. Conrad Murray, Dr. Conrad Murray manslaughter, High Profile Trials, James Brown burial dispute, Joe Jackson, Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson - abuser Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial, Never Land, Never Land Michael Jackson sanctuary, Never Land Museum, Neverland Ranch, Perez Hilton, Rebbie Jackson, Santa Barbara County California, Santa Barbara Sheriff’s department, The King of Pop, TMZ, Wacko Jacko