What the case is about and who is who in this criminal trial of James Fayed MURDER FOR HIRE
Opening Statements will be heard this morning in Dept. 109, Judge Kathleen Kennedy’s courtroom at the downtown Los Angeles Criminal Justice Center (CJC) in the murder-for-hire trial of James Fayed for the July 28, 2008 stabbing death of his wife, Pamela, in a Century City parking structure.
The Fayed’s were in the midst of a bitter divorce and fighting over control of their Camarillo-based gold trading business called Goldfinger Coin and Bullion Sales and an Internet firm, e-Bullion.
From my understanding, right before 6:30 pm, the Fayed’s had been in a meeting with defense attorneys regarding an FBI examination of their business enterprises. Witnesses looked on in horror as a man wielding a knife repeatedly slashed Pamela in the third floor of the parking garage. Paramedics arriving on the scene were unable to save her.
Prosecution team is Eric Harmon and Alan Jackson. Defense is Mark Werksman. Werksman’s co-counsel is Steve Meister, from Werksman’s office.
There are two special circumstance charges, financial gain and lying-in-wait which makes the defendant eligible for the death penalty. Prosecutors in Los Angeles County accuse Fayed of paying a former employee, Jose Luis Moya, 50, about $25,000 to arrange his wife’s slaying.
May 4th, 2011 Day 1: Part II, Testimony
1. Desiree Goudie – oldest daughter of Pamela Fayed.
2. Delilah Urrea – friend of victim and former employee of Fayed’s company, Goldfinger.
3. Gregory Wallace Herring – family law attorney representing Pamela Fayed at the time of her death.
May 5th, 2011 Day 2
4. Mark Avis – Federal prosecutor for US Attorney General’s Office (testimony complete)
5. David Willingham – Criminal defense attorney; first one Pamela had, later disqualified (testimony complete)
6. Carol Nebe – “Best friend” of Pamela since 1989
7. Jean Nelson – Criminal defense attorney; took over for David Willingham
May 6th, 2011 Day 3
8. Matthew Grode – Attorney; witness who observed attack from office across street
9. Eric Spear – Detective-in-charge at the scene
10. Edwin Rivera – Witness at scene; saw Pamela die
11. Dr. Stephen Schultz, MD – L.A. County Deputy Coroner; performed autopsy
12. Mark Newhouse – FBI Special Agent – assisted in search warrants at various locations
May 9th, 2011 Day 4
13. Steven Eidson – FBI Special Agent – Aggregated all precious metals seized in warrants
14. Miguel Sanchez - Former employee of Happy Camp Ranch
May 11th, 2011 Day 5 Part I
No testimony; juror’s questioned
May 11th, 2011 Day 5 Part II
15. Alex Samayoa – Owner/Manager of AVIS Rental Car in Camarillo, CA; presents car rental records of the red SUV by Goldfinger
16. Tenille Chacon – Police Officer in Oxnard, CA; stopped and questioned Simmons, Marquez a month before the murders
17. Edward Dixon – ATT Employee; verified phone records of Moya, Fayed, Mercedes
18. Marty McCoy – Former boss and friend of Pamela; accompanied her to a 4th of July party
19. Dan Jensen – Sprint/Nextel Employee; verified phone records of Simmons, Marquez
20. Salaam Abdul-Rahman – Robbery-Homicide Detective; took over investigation in August, 2008
We of course always recommend that you read about any case that Sprocket covers, her diary writing style is truly a way of preserving these cases in an historic concept.
Be sure to participate in our COMMUNITY , get the most out of the site by learning your way around in the community where you can discuss things about the cases in a debate area of the site.
Follow Us On Face Book at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001254987261 and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/RoseSpeaks and see who Rose Speaks is following.
May 18, 2011
Used with the permission of Sprocket Trials & Tribulations
All Rights Reserved, do not reproduce in whole or in part without the express written consent of the author.
The expressions in this blog article are based on the opinions of our true crime writer, Sprocket, please remember we are not lawyers and those opinions expressed here are each of our individual opinions and should not be taken as legal advice and/or legal opinions. The comments following this blog article are the opinions and sole property of the blog site members and do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners.Alan Jackson, Alex Samayoa, Alex Samayoa Owner AVIS Rental Car, Assistant Deputy Attorney Alan Jackson, Assistant Deputy Attorney Eric Harmon, AT&T Employee Edward Dixon, AVIS Rental Car, AVIS Rental Car in Camarillo, AVIS Rental Car in Camarillo California, Beverly Hills, Camarillo California, Camarillo-based gold trading business, Carol Nebe, Century City, Century City California, Criminal Defense attorney David Willingham, criminal defense attorney Jean Nelson, Dan Jensen, Dan Jensen Sprint - Nextel Employee, David Willingham, David Willingham Esq., David Willingham Pamela Fayed criminal defense lawyer, Defense attorney Steve Meister, defense attorneys regarding an FBI examination, Defense lawyer Mark Werksman, Delilah Urrea, Desiree Goudie, Desiree Goudie Pamela Fayed's daughter, Dr. Stephen Schultz, Dr. Stephen Schultz L.A. County Deputy Coroner, Edward Dixon, Edwin Rivera, Eric Harmon, Eric Spear, Fayed's had been in a meeting with defense attorneys, FBI Special Agent Mark Newhouse, FBI Special Agent Steven Eidson, financial gain and lying-in-wait, Goldfinger Coin and Bullion Sales, Gregory Wallace Herring, Gregory Wallace Herring Esq., Gregory Wallace Herring Pamela Fayed divorce attorney, Happy Camp Ranch, High Profile Trials, Hollyweird Criminal Justice, Hollywood, Hollywood Criminal Justice, Internet firm e-Bullion, Jame Fayed eligible for death penalty, James Fayed Murder, James Fayed MURDER FOR HIRE, James Fayed Murder-For-Hire Trial, Jean Nelson, Jean Nelson Esq., Jean Nelson Pamela Fayed defense lawyer, Jose Luis Moya arranged Murder of Pamela Fayed, Jose Luis Moya received $25 thousand, Judge Kathleen Kennedy, knife repeatedly slashed Pamela Fayed, L. A. Detective Eric Spear, Los Angeles Criminal Justice Center, man wielding a knife repeatedly slashed Pamela Fayed, Manager AVIS Rental Car, Mark Avis, Mark Avis Esq., Mark Avis Federal prosecutor for US Attorney General's Office, Mark Newhouse, Mark Newhouse FBI Special Agent, Mark Werksman, Mark Werksman Esq., Marty McCoy, Matthew Grode, Matthew Grode Esq., May 11th 2011 Day 5 Part I, May 11th 2011 Day 5 Part II, May 4th 2011 Day 1, May 5th 2011 Day 2, May 6th 2011 Day 3, May 9th 2011 Day 4, Miguel Sanchez, Miguel Sanchez Former employee of Happy Camp Ranch, Oxnard California, Pamela Fayed, Pamela Fayed Murdered, Pamela Fayed slashed murder witnesses, Prosecution team is Eric Harmon and Alan Jackson, Prosecutors Fayed of paying a former employee $25 thousand, red SUV by Goldfinge, Robbery-Homicide Detective, Rose Speaks Community, Rose Speaks Face Book, Rose Speaks Twitter, Salaam Abdul-Rahman, Salaam Abdul-Rahman Robbery-Homicide Detective, Sprint Nextel, Sprocket, Sprocket of Trial and Tribulations, Sprocket Trials & Tribulations, Stephen Schultz MD, Steve Meister, Steve Meister Esq., Steven Eidson, Steven Eidson FBI Special Agent, Tenille Chacon, Tenille Chacon Police Officer Oxnard California, Trials & Tribulations, Trials & Tribulations Daily life of a true crime junkie, two special circumstance charges, Werksman's co-counsel Steve Meister