Dr. Conrad Murray

Prosecution Witnesses
1 Kenneth Ortega (Co-director, Co-creator, THIS IS IT tour)
2 Michael Amir Williams (Personal Assistant to Michael Jackson)
3 Faheem Mohamed (Head of Jackson’s security)

David Walgren presents the opening statement.

DW: Documents will show the emails placed by Dr. Murray and the telephone calls that were given Dr. Murray began his treatment by giving Michael a Valium pill. that was followed by and IV at 2 am with midazolam ( a benzodiazepine). At 3 am, that was followed by another sedative given through the IV. At 5 am, another treatment of diazepam. According to Dr. Murray between 1 and 10 am in the morning he slowly infused Michale with Propofol.

…..Dr. Murray is having Alveraz help him collect various bottles of medicine, medical paraphernalia medical bottles, wrappings, and dropping them in (his medical?) bag. Dr. Murray tells Alvarez to grab the bag on the IV that was hanging. Alberto Alvarez grabs that bag and places it in with the other items.. It’s only then he is told to call 911. The 911 was placed at 12 21 pm.

….The fact that Propofol was given in a home setting instead of a surgical room, without the assisting medical equipment. The fact that no attending staff or assistants was made available for Dr. Murray. The fact that it was given in conjunction with several benzodiazepine’s. The fact that he was trying to do CPR with one hand on a bed. (The fact that there was a failure to maintain any appropriate medical records, and the failure to advise the paramedics or treating medical doctors (to the medications/treatment given).

This is the end of the prosecution’s opening statement. From this alone, it sounds bad for Dr. Murray.

Read the rest of Sprocket coverage of day one, part one on Dr. Conrad Murray’s Preliminary Statement on her site Trials and Tribulations.< .a>

Be sure to participate in our COMMUNITY , get the most out of the site by learning your way around in the community where you can discuss things about the cases in a debate area of the site.

©Sprocket
January 5, 2011
Used with the permission of Sprocket Trials & Tribulations
All Rights Reserved, do not reproduce in whole or in part without the express written consent of the author.

The expressions in this blog article are based on the opinions of our true crime writer, Sprocket, please remember we are not lawyers and those opinions expressed here are each of our individual opinions and should not be taken as legal advice and/or legal opinions. The comments following this blog article are the opinions and sole property of the blog site members and do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners.

Please also read our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
88 Responses to “Michael Jackson Trial: Day One of Preliminary Hearing for Dr. Conrad Murray as Covered by Sprocket”
  1. BEVERLY says:

Lord,I have never read such discusting going on in my life.I am astounded to learn.again as with Dr E no medical records were kept.For a doctor to panic,you know.this doc knew he did something wrong.I never seen a intern panic,One doc I can remember lost a child doing a exchange transfusion,he sat there and cryed for a hour,To me Dr Murray asking if anyone knew CPR,and was not doing to right,using one hand,tells me,Dr Murray was concerned with getting meds hidden,and did not want to bother with Michael,he knew he was dead,Failure to inform EMT’S about propofol,was not a failure at all but a deliberate attempt to cover his butt.Michael was treated with careless disreguard,by a doctor.

2. John J. Nazarian P.I. says:

LMAO, with 1,2 and 3? :hug07: How could you go wrong! Many of these people get what they pay for, Murray being an exception, 150 grand a month :banana: , these others? Think about it! I wonder if Mohamed =)) knows Moe?

John J. Nazarian

3. DiamondGirl says:

Beverly, The entire things makes me sick. I always compare the two deaths, one accidental and one a homicide. There have been many times, people have seen Anna drugged up, drunk or in plainer words f*cked up. Pictures of her laying on a floor, slurring her words, eyes drooping but the only time I saw anything like that with Jackson was when he showed up in court in his PJ’s. Walking slow. Was he drugged up and on pain meds?

I know that after the trial, Jackson left this country and stayed in the Middle East. From all that I have read, the Middle Eastern culture has very little use for anyone doing drugs and their penalities are severe if caught with drugs.

This sickens me to no end that people believe that Jackson deserved his death because of the rumors that surrounded Jackson. Did anyone see the Diane Dimond report? This is one reporter that had it out for Jackson and she was going to prove all of those allegations. Some boy from Canada, claimed that he had been molested by Jackson. She of course went and investigated. See for yourself what happened:

4. Rose says:

No prison time sought in Anna Nicole Smith case

Associated Press January 5, 2011 10:13 AM Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011
    (01-05) 10:13 PST LOS ANGELES, (AP) –

Prosecutors are urging a judge to forgo prison terms and sentence Anna Nicole Smith’s psychiatrist and lawyer-boyfriend to felony probation, community service and fines.

The suggestion is in a sentencing memorandum filed Tuesday in the case of Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Howard K. Stern who are scheduled for sentencing Thursday in Los Angeles. They were convicted of obtaining prescription drugs for the late Playboy model under false names.

Their lawyers want their convictions reduced to misdemeanors, dismissal of charges or a new trial. They say using fake names to protect celebrities’ privacy is common practice.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Perry has the option to send them to prison for up to three years and eight months.

5. BEVERLY says:

NO WAY—–If they want want that for Dr E OK NOT HOWARD.That is still a felony They have still not charged anyone in Michael’s case with other names on the bottles, or have they charged anyone else,That to me is UNEXCEPTBLE

6. DiamondGirl says:

I have to agree with Bev. It is totally unacceptable for Stern.

7. hmm says:

DG thanks for the link about Jackson I have always believed people were out for money and knew he would pay to avoid being in the news with that kind of thing.I think that now Brown is sworn he realises he can’t prosecute everyone for using aliases and is back off and this is his way of trying to back off even if it may be wrong.

8. John J. Nazarian P.I. says:

Gooses and Ganders

9. heath says:

reading the Prosecution statements.. the sedatives etc and the timeline they were given.. if no records kept can, this timeline be believed or is it a case of covering his ass first then getting the ambulance because he knew Michael was dead..he had killed him.

I think it was much worse than the Doctor is admitting..

10. heath says:

Thankyou sprocket that was a good read and I appreciate your effort…and will continue to read your updates @};-

11. BEVERLY says:

Good Morning Everyone——-I have seen over and over loved one’s and family’s refusing to believe there love one is dead,but Dr Murray’s refusal to prounonce ,is neighter love or concern for Michael,it is concern for himself.Michael could have never done 50 shows,and I do not think he wanted to,Michael had what he wanted,his children,and I do believe if you had heard him say “This is it” the spark had gone from his voice,There was and would have always remained a part of Michael,Michael could not get back,part of his soul,To have a child willfully destroy a gifted,and O so talented human being,Michael never understood,because Michael never saw evil in children ~o)

12. BEVERLY says:

MY MY—-The VAS are one upset bunch,there giant orgasm ,after having Howard in “pin stripes”will never happen.and Vergie lost the final round .No matter what happens today,Howard will be rid of TRASH ,One thing for sure,I would love to see Vergie whinne about what a poor grandma she is,thanks to McCabe and the OQ Law Firm all her DIRTY LAUNDRY was aired,A police officer for 28 years,and poor Vergie did not know how to pick up a phone as ask all those years,be it CAL or Bahamas for police to check on her daughter,Harris county police department hire the best,

13. DiamondGirl says:

murray’s refusal to pronounce was to save his own ass. It certainly delayed the offical time of death by hours. What he didn’t realize that in CA, when the personal doctor does not sign off, it creates the need for an autopsy to be done. Even though I believe Katherine would have insisted on one anyway. And now to find out that Prince and Pars saw their father dead at the house is unreal.

14. DiamondGirl says:

Oh and on In Sessions yesterday, Vinnie interviewed a long time friend of Michael’s. He stated that he thought that Michael was not happy about the 50 concerts but he would have done them because no matter how tired he felt, once he was on stage in front of his fans, he gave his all and felt revived.

15. JMA says:

I’m sorry but IMO one of the in forms of punishment the Prosecution is asking in regards to HKS is nothing more than to make a mockery of/humiliate him and I feel Texas/Arthur is behind that request! If the Judge did honor their one request what’s in it for Texas/Arthur; picture sales????

16. JMA says:

Beverly [12] I was reading their disappointment with the Prosecution not wanting jail time for HKS and had to giggle cause we here said all along he was not going to do/get jail time.

17. BEVERLY says:

JMA—-Boy,do I agree with you about trying to humiliate Howard.The minute I read what they wanted.why should Howard have any punishment?I do not see any other person that has used another name for there meds doing any punishment,I think Howard has suffer enough for the love of Anna,and to be truthful all these years later,I cannot stand the sight of Anna Nicole, To many people were hurt for Anna and her greedy Mother .The two of them have destroyed and hurt more people in there lifetime than I want to remember.I just pray,Vergie never forgets her daughter HATED HER,and died doing so,

18. JMA says:

Thank You *We Are the SS* from the other site for your Prayers & Blessings I appreciated every one received :heart:

19. JMA says:

Beverly [17] I believe it has everything to do with humiliating HKS. I believe they’re asking for no jail time cause they know he’s not going to get it so they in turn throw in this ridiculous Community Services request. I hope Judge Perry see through them just as he did during the trial.

20. Liann says:

Just heard on Fox news all charges against Howard have been dropped!!!!!!!!

21. Rose says:

Someone just call me about that, Howard walks and keeps his license, we are still waiting for a call about Dr. Khris… I bet Howard is one happy guy right now… This judge did NOT like this case from day one!!!!!

22. Liann says:

Prosecutor is pissed and a news conference will held shortly :rollpin: :console:

23. BEVERLY says:

:winner: :winner: :winner: :winner: THANK THE ALMIGHTY

24. JMA says:

Liann [20] Thank You for the info that is awesome news. :hurray:

25. JMA says:

To the Trolls… :moon:

PS,

Swims called it right every time ^:)^

26. Liann says:

I am so Happy for him. :happydanc:

Hi, I hope everyone is well :hug08:

You a very welcome JMA.

Shout out to Sammy1 :heart:

27. Beth says:

Thank you Liann!

I do hope that the prosecution does NOT RE-TRY this CASE!
    —————————————————————————————–
    “Howard K. Stern had a good day in court.

Judge Robert J. Perry dismissed two conspiracy felony charges against Stern, 41, on Thursday, ruling there was no evidence he intended fraud or deception when he got drugs for his former client and lover Anna Nicole Smith under fake names.

Judge Perry also granted the defense’s motion for a new trial, and also dismissed the two conspiracy charges against Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and rejected one of the two prescription fraud charges against her.

Stern greeted the news with a smile.” http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20455395,00.html

28. Liann says:

Trolls will say the Judge is biased, to that I say :dblfu2:

29. JMA says:

Liann [28] I 2nd that :dblfu2: and another thing :loser: ‘s

30. Beth says:

TMZ article:

“Howard K. Stern Walks in Anna Nicole Case”

“In a shocking slap in the face to the L.A. County District Attorney, the judge in the Howard K. Stern drug conspiracy trial just threw out the jury verdict — making Stern a free and innocent man.

The jury in the case — in which prosecutors argued Stern and others conspired to fuel Anna Nicole Smith’s drug habit — found Stern guilty of 2 counts of conspiracy, but not guilty on 7 other charges.

The judge felt the conviction was baseless and threw it out.

It’s also a major repudiation of California Gov. Jerry Brown who grandstanded and spent millions as Attorney General going after Stern and the other defendants.”

31. Liann says:

Hi Beth! I hope you and yours are doing great!

32. Beth says:

Yes all is well Miss Liann!
    Hope you and yours are also doing well dear!

LIVE NEWS ON TMZ!
    Maybe Howard will talk?
    It is outside of the courthouse…

33. Rose says:

#JMA Swims was always non-emotional and always calm dissected the information and made it easy for all of us… you are right Swim’s was always RIGHT ON!!!!

I will have an article up on this after Sadow and the D. A. holds a news conference!!!

The nightmare is over we can all get on with our lives, and HKS can go back to a “life”

34. Beth says:

HKS’s lawyer talking now on TMZ

35. Beth says:

Howard says, he feels vendicated for him and Anna…

36. Beth says:

thanking Judge Perry for being honest

37. Beth says:

howard is going to Washing DC for Anna’s case next

38. Beth says:

*Washington DC

39. Beth says:

Lawyer says false names very complicated legally

40. Beth says:

The idea that Dr E would do anything to harm Anna is ludicris

41. Beth says:

Howard says the prosecution was purjuring themselves

42. Beth says:

Lawyer says it was UP TO ANNA TO MAKE HER MEDICAL DECISIONS

43. Beth says:

HKS they tried this case for publicity

44. Beth says:

The prosecution got one misdemeanor for all of the tax payer money!

OVER

45. Beth says:

Howard cannot stop smiling with Chris Smith while walking to the car!

46. Beth says:

a nice lady gave HKS her business card

47. Beth says:

beth karass (sp) is talking to Sadow/HKS

48. JMA says:

TMZ had some awesome live feed :-bd

Ha-Ha did anyone/everyone who viewed catch where the camera guy asked Howard if he would come in and do an interview with Harvey?

49. Liann says:

I lost the feed from TMZ anyone know what station Beth Karass works for?? TIA

50. Beth says:

Liann, I have seen her do a few for Joy Behar on HLN

51. Beth says:

I believe TMZ had to stop the feed when Beth K.’s interview started…

52. Liann says:

Thanks Beth, It was heartbreaking to me when Howard said it has been a living hell and how he spoke of Anna and Daniel

53. Beth says:

I agree Liann! He was always very upset at how Anna’s memory was made to look worse than it was…
    That came about from the help of TX imho.

She may have not been perfect, none of us are. There was no need to trash her in Rita’s book full of lies, trash her memory by her own family just for greed is sure how it appeared to me!

54. Liann says:

OMG, I would so love to hear/read what the Judge had to say today in court, I wonder if TMZ will have anything on TMZ live today or post the transcripts from today some time soon.

Dang I just missed Beth K. on HLN, maybe they will play it again.

55. Rose says:

January 6, 2011
    DA to appeal Anna Nicole Smith drug case

By LINDA DEUTSCH | Published: 2:06 PM 01/06/2011 | Updated: 7:37 PM 01/06/2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A prosecutor has denounced a ruling dismissing the drug conspiracy convictions against the late Anna Nicole Smith’s former boyfriend Howard K. Stern and her psychiatrist and says he will appeal.

District Attorney Steve Cooley says the decision Thursday by Superior Court Judge Robert Perry diminishes the huge social problem of prescription drug abuse facilitated by unscrupulous medical professionals.

Cooley also says the ruling denigrates investigative efforts by the state Department of Justice and the state Medical Board.

The judge allowed only one conviction to stand against psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich for obtaining a Vicodin prescription under a false name. However, the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and she was sentenced to probation and a $100 fine.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge Thursday dismissed the drug conspiracy convictions of the late Anna Nicole Smith’s boyfriend-lawyer Howard K. Stern and her psychiatrist, allowing only one conviction to remain against the physician while reducing it to a misdemeanor.

Superior Court Judge Robert Perry found that Stern never had the intent to defraud when he used his name and others to protect Smith’s privacy when he obtained prescriptions for her.

Perry also found that psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich was acting out of concern for Smith and cited her long career and service to the community in deciding to sentence her to no more than one year of probation and a $100 fine for obtaining one Vicodin prescription under a false name.

The ruling marked the denouement of a long-running drama centering on the blonde beauty’s troubled life, which was documented on reality TV, in tabloids and in trial testimony. Smith also made headlines in a continuing $300 million court fight with the estate of her oil tycoon husband.

Both Stern and Eroshevich said later they were pleased and believed Smith would be happy with the outcome.

“This case never should have been brought,” Stern said outside court.

“It has been four years of my life,” he added, referring to the span since Smith’s death.

Stern said he had not had time to grieve in the interim and now hopes to examine his options and move on with his life.

“I’m very happy,” said Eroshevich. “I can live with the misdemeanor.”

She added, “I don’t want to be a martyr. Everyone makes mistakes.”

Perry had said in September that he saw weaknesses in the prosecution case but felt he had to let the jury decide most of the charges. He said that in the past he had changed verdicts when he did not agree with them.

At that time, he dismissed two charges against Stern.

“I don’t think there’s evidence that a layperson knows it’s illegal to write a prescription in another name for a celebrity,” the judge said then, noting that Stern is not a doctor.

Jurors handed a total acquittal for Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Smith’s primary physician. But they convicted Stern and Eroshevich of conspiring to violate the false name statute to obtain pain killers for the former Playboy model. Eroshevich also was convicted of obtaining Vicodin by fraud.

Kapoor came to court Thursday for the sentencing of his former co-defendants.

“I’m here to support them. This was four years of my life and today is finally closure,” he said.

The case was launched last year amid much fanfare by then-California Attorney General and now-Gov. Jerry Brown who denounced the defendants as conspirators in over-prescribing prescription drugs to Smith, whom he called “a known addict.” He accused the defendants of being lured by Hollywood glamor. After a three-week preliminary hearing and a nine-week trial, jurors essentially rejected those claims and convicted on few of the 11 charges. Witnesses said Smith was not an addict but a woman struggling with chronic pain.

This week, prosecutors advocated sentencing both defendants to five years of supervised probation, 300 hours each of community service, with Stern working for Caltrans, California’s highway maintenance department. They suggested Eroshevich’s community service be directed by the California Medical Board and that each defendant pay a $5,000 fine.

Their sentencing memo also asked that Eroshevich, 63, be barred from prescribing controlled substances, which would severely limit her ability to continue practicing medicine. Her lawyer argued she has already lost her reputation and much of her practice and nothing is to be gained from further pillorying of her.

Both Eroshevich and Stern, 41, could have lost their professional licenses if their felony convictions stood.

Stern had been Smith’s lawyer, manager, lover and friend since they met in 2001. His lawyer argued that Smith was the love of his life and he would never do anything to harm her.

Eroshevich was described as a caring doctor and friend who flew to her side in the Bahamas after Smith’s son died of a drug overdose and she went into an emotional decline.

Smith died after suffering a drug overdose in a Florida hotel room in 2007. The death was ruled an accident and the California defendants were not charged with causing her death.

56. JMA says:

Rose [56] Why so they can waste more of the CA peoples tax dollars?

57. JMA says:

Beth [58] though we do not scream, stomp our feet or demand links [-( Thanks for the Link ;))

58. Beth says:

LOL NP Miss liann!

“UPDATE: District Attorney Steve Cooley says, “We strongly disagree with Judge Robert Perry’s ruling today,” adding, “[the ruling] diminishes the huge social problem of prescription drug abuse facilitated by irresponsible caretakers and unscrupulous medical professionals.”

Cooley says he’ll appeal the ruling and hasn’t decided whether to retry Stern on the charges on which the jury was hung.”

59. Rose says:

Latest from AP

January 6, 2011 (LOS ANGELES) — A judge Thursday dismissed the drug conspiracy convictions of the late Anna Nicole Smith’s boyfriend-lawyer Howard K. Stern and her psychiatrist, allowing only one conviction to remain against the physician and reducing it to a misdemeanor.

“The evidence is that Howard Stern did not have an intent to break the law,” Perry said in dismissing conspiracy convictions against Stern.

Without Stern’s participation, the judge said, there was no conspiracy between him and Eroshevich, and he dismissed those counts against her as well.

Perry said he considered the jury verdicts “a strong repudiation of the prosecution’s case,” which he described as overly complicated and not supported by sufficient evidence.

“There is no doubt that there are doctors who are nothing more than pill pushers and should be prosecuted and imprisoned,” Perry said. “This case did not involve such doctors.”

District Attorney Steve Cooley said he would appeal the ruling.

“His decision denigrates the substantial investigative efforts conducted by the state Department of Justice and the medical board,” Cooley said. “It diminishes the huge social problem of prescription drug abuse facilitated by irresponsible caretakers and unscrupulous medical professionals.”

Perry said in his lengthy remarks from the bench that the state Legislature has expressed concern about under-treatment of pain patients with opiates because of doctors’ concerns about prosecution.

The judge, citing testimony about Smith’s quest for pain relief, said, “I certainly believed she was not an addict under the law.”

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, who was previously acquitted of all charges by the jury, sat in the audience with his lawyer. He said he came to support his co-defendants.

Both Stern and Eroshevich said they were pleased with the ruling Thursday and believed Smith would be happy with the outcome.

Stern said he was thinking of Smith, his lost love, when the judge announced his decision.

“I was looking up in the sky and thinking, she’s vindicated,” Stern said.

He said he was pleased that Perry recognized Smith was a victim of chronic pain, not addiction.

“This case never should have been brought,” Stern said outside court. “It has been four years of my life.”

Eroshevich also said she was happy with the outcome.

“I can live with the misdemeanor,” she said. “I don’t want to be a martyr. Everyone makes mistakes.”

At that time, he dismissed two charges against Stern.

Jurors convicted Stern and Eroshevich of conspiring to violate the false name statute to obtain pain killers for the former Playboy model. Eroshevich also was convicted of obtaining Vicodin by fraud.

Stern had been Smith’s lawyer, manager, lover and friend since they met in 2001. His lawyer argued that he would never do anything to harm her.

60. Rose says:

Judge tosses all but a misdemeanor in Anna Nicole Smith drug case
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    January 6, 2011 3:13 p.m. EST

Los Angeles (CNN) — A judge Thursday set aside the convictions of Anna Nicole Smith’s lawyer-boyfriend Howard K. Stern and all but one against her psychiatrist.

The multi-million dollar, two-year prosecution of Smith’s two doctors and Stern resulted in a $100 fine and one year of unsupervised probation for Dr. Khristine Eroshevich.

The charges were pushed two years after Smith’s death by then-California Attorney General Jerry Brown, just before he launched his successful run for governor.

“Today, a judge has told him ‘You know, you should’ve kept your mouth shut to begin with,’” Stern defense lawyer Steve Sadow said. “There wasn’t a case here and you shouldn’t have brought it.”

A third defendant, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, was acquitted by a jury in October.

Stern, Eroshevich and Kapoor, who are not charged in Smith’s February 2007 death, were accused of conspiring to feed the drug addiction of the reality TV star and Playboy model and using false names to obtain the drugs.

The court concluded that their “overriding purpose was to protect her privacy,” and there was no evidence Stern knew using a false name for a prescription was illegal, Perry said.

The only remaining count out of 23 charges was against Eroshevich for using a false name to write a Vicodin prescription for the actress.

“There is no doubt Dr. Eroshevich acted out of heartfelt desire to help her friend,” Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Robert Perry said as he reduced it from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Eroshevich was by Smith’s side much of the time when she was grieving over the death of her son Daniel Wayne Smith in the Bahamas, six months before her own death.

She said she felt “completely vindicated” by Perry’s decision to drop all the charges but the one misdemeanor.

“I can deal with that,” Eroshevich said. “It’s not going to be the end of the world. It’s not a felony. It’s not jail.”

61. Liann says:

If the prosecution thought they had such a good case and spent millions of dollars that California doesn’t have why in the hell would they recommend probation and not prison time?? This whole case from the get-go has been brought about by JB and others in California with a political agenda and I also think came via TX to wreak havoc on Howard with a vengeance. imo

I heard that the Judge said that there is pill pushing Doctors out there but this is not one of those cases..

I highly doubt that this will be retried, The prosecution has had plenty of time to decide whether to retry if this was the outcome imo

62. Rose says:

Attorney objects to paparazzi’s ‘disgusting’ Anna Nicole Smith comment
    By Marc Mooney and Adam Blank, In Session
    January 6, 2011 3:35 p.m. EST
    Los Angeles (CNN) — Some boots are made for walking — just ask In Session correspondent Beth Karas.

Moments before being interviewed live on “In Session” on truTV, Howard K. Stern’s attorney, Steve Sadow, walked off camera after a paparazzi made a “disgusting” comment about his boots.

“What kind of skin is that on your boots?” asked the paparazzi. “Uh, dead,” replied Sadow.

After a beat, the paparazzi asked, “Like Anna Nicole Smith?”

Visibly upset, Sadow yanked off his microphone and led Stern off camera, just as “In Session” host Vinnie Politan prepared to toss to them live.

“You know, that is a disgusting statement … that was just terrible,” said Sadow.

Sadow then leaned into Karas’ shoulder to apologize before walking away with Stern.

Karas was set to interview Sadow after a Los Angeles County judge set aside Stern’s conviction, saying there was no evidence he intended to break the law by using false names to obtain drug prescriptions for Smith.

The paparazzi who made the comment has not been identified.

63. Rose says:

# 63 Liann,

I agree the D. A. should walk away and get on with his life he lost the election for AG of California and he is about to be voted out of office as the D. A. this has not been a good year for this Cooley guy, ya’ll out in L. A. know more about him but this case if there was one should have been brought in Florida as Judge Perry said and he told the D. A. that this was one 3 worse cases to come to his court. I think Cooley is just angry because he looks like a fool, I do not think he will actually appeal the case…

LOOK everyone says that Jackson was an addict and NOT one doctor who lives in California where Jackson died has been charged with anything and I agree with Jackson’s family that the charges should not have been involuntary manslaughter but something more… Now that family is being cheated.

64. DiamondGirl says:

Boy, do the VAS have the bloomers in a wad. Some are even suggesting that now the Stern supporters can go support murray.

Hey asshole…. you know who you are…. from my readings it isn’t Stern supporters that are backing the doctor. It is VAS supporters. They are now backing a man who murdered, yes murdered Michael Jackson. Get over your bad self idiot. From the beginning you have had a hard on for Stern, damn shame you are now flaccid.

65. Rose says:

#66 DG, that is SICK…. I guess this judge was paid off also??? HKS was not charged with enabling and everyone that is sane has said he would have never intentionally harmed Daniel or ANS…. he was not charged or tried for the rumors of pot, cocaine or ecstasy and IF there were going to be charges of that it would have been done in Florida… We will never know what went on behind close doors as I told Rox on the phone today and frankly it is NONE of our business… lives have been tangled up in this mess for years for simple “I want to payback someone”.

I am glad that everyone can get on with their lives and I do expect that the Supreme court to go with ANS that federal courts trump state courts… but that is another day.

My biggest question now is except for Jackson what cases should we cover that we can all still use the gray matter between our ears and have stimulating discussions.

As soon as I have an on the record comment from one of the attorneys I will have my FINAL article up on this fiasco of greed, whether it was money, fame, or payback.

I for one will be glad HKS will be allowed to fade now and get his life together. I have said from day one in Feb. 2007 he was getting a raw deal and my opinion never changed, he is not perfect but he did not kill anyone and certainly did not deserve to have his life tied up for 4 years of lawsuit after lawsuit to fight. He got what the best attorneys in the country could get for him, just as VA was trying… I want to cheer that the hell for all of us is OVER!!!

HKS is a brilliant lawyer and everyone has always agreed on that, I still think he would be perfect in entertainment law who better than him to understand the pain that those falsely accused go through. OR I would liek for him to write a book about his life for the last 4 years… A real look at the legal system of our country.

66. Rose says:

BTW everyone we did have someone in court today that will write about what was seen, said and things the main stream media does not cover…

Daniel was nice enough to go and fight the Jackson crowd to get in, I look forward to his article on this. He has been great to Rose Speaks as has John J Nazarian and both will hope continue to write for us…

67. Beth says:

Sorry [60] was meant for JMA, Miss JusticeMyAss! [JMA]
    (the No Problem for the links…)

NEWS FLASH
    WATCH TMZ LIVE!
    HKS/SADOW going to talk to HARVEY!!!

NOW

68. Beth says:

Harvey just said that Jerry Brown’s office’s comment was this was in Brown’s last job (DOJ) he has no comment…

Can you believe that???

What an ASS!

I agree w/ Harvey it is stunning! Sadow says it is unbelievable!

69. Beth says:

Thanks Liann for putting the link down! [70]
    LOL I forgot!

70. Beth says:

Sadow – the judge has said there was not enough evidence for even the charges the jury was hung on!

71. Beth says:

Howard – took its toll on me and my family, anger

72. Beth says:

Harvey – are you going to file a MALICIOUS PROSECUTION LAWSUIT?????????????????????????????????????????????

73. Beth says:

Did the MJ case have a impact on this case?
    Sadow – he said they had a very good jury and a judge who was ethical enough to see through it……………

74. Beth says:

Howard said there was always a plan to transition all to Larry (Executor or trustee of the trust)

Harvey – have you heard from LB today? Answer YES
    LB said on the phone thank God you had a …. sorry think it was a good fair judge

75. Beth says:

Harvery – what are you going to do?

HKS – part of me wants to do defense work to help people like him

Harvey you will practice law again? HKS –> Oh, I’ll practice

HL – We do not usually take stands on cases like this, it was screwy from the beginning

76. Beth says:

HKS It was a fraud from the get go
    Sadow – have a nice day Jerry brown

HL – Brown said who cares this is my old job… (HL’s paraphrasing)

77. Liann says:

Jerry Brown’s comment just proves that what he did was all for his own political gain and never cared for the truth IMO….

He said when asked to comment on today he said per TMZ “It was his past job and no comment” Moonbeam :dblfu2: imo

78. Beth says:

from link on [79]

“California Governor: Who Cares If I Ruined Lives”

“After a judge just ruled there was no basis to convict Howard K. Stern of anything in connection with Anna Nicole Smith’s drug abuse, freshly re-minted California Governor Jerry Brown — who went after Stern with a vengeance while he was Attorney General — essentially said he couldn’t care less.

Governor Brown’s press office released this terse statement: “It’s in his past job and he has no comment.”

Brown spent millions investigating Stern and co-defendants Sandeep Kapoor and Khristine Eroshevich for several years, before the D.A. filed criminal charges.

Brown and company sent Kapoor to the poor house, though he was eventually found not guilty on all charges.”

79. Liann says:

Thanks Beth…California is so screwed…

Rose #64, That was worse then disgusting what that paparazzi said and Mr. Sadow and Howard had every right to be appalled and walk off. What a twisted thing to say :assholesign:

80. BEVERLY says:

If the DA want’s to appeal,who will they bring back,maybe the nannies,this time they can pay for a new home for them,and there family and a vacation to Hawaii.or FS/GBT who admitted they were liars,or maybe Moe, only the lord knows what story he will tell,Perhaps they can get the screwball Hatten,brother and sister NUTS,I am sure the Cal taxpayers cannot wait to pay for a all expense trip for the nannies and there 8 or9 family members/

81. Liann says:

I hope Howard will do a small press tour.

82. hmm says:

:winner: :winner: :winner: :winner: :winner: Lets all just pray this is the end for Howard.We can all hope someone in California tells this prosecutor that if they go after Howard a non Doctor they will have to go after every celebrity in every state who uses another name to preserve their privacy

83. hmm says:

I have to say I was never a big Elvis fan,like his movies and some songs but would not go to a concert,the same goes for MJ I like a few of his songs and the only other thing was his Moon walk,which I have never been able to do.I barely remember the Jackson five By that time I was into CW and oldies but goodies.Now Ricky Nelson that’s a different story.I Can still picture all the hullabaloo when Elvis appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. What a ruckus that caused. LOL.Anyone who listened to that kind of music was going to hell LOL and here most of us still are around.That said I don’t think Murray did his job.as a doctor first to do no harm.With Elvis if back them there had been interventions there should have been a few.

84. DiamondGirl says:

With Elvis, as with Anna, they took their drugs. No one administered them. Both of their deaths ruled accidental overdose. While the doctors enabled Anna and Elvis, apparently at that time it was not illegal.

In the Jackson homicide, there is so much more coming out in the prelim hearing. There was an IV line running in his groin, a condom cath various vials of drugs laying around on the floor, hidden evidence, used needles and a freaking doctor who was on his TWO cells phones talking to various people.

85.

Our weather forecast is from WP Wunderground

Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos Best of Anna Nicole Smith